Join Us On The Green River
325 Sycamore Lane • Rutherfordton, NC 28139
The River Ministries is creating a positive space to build up Community within the Kingdom of God.
You are invited to an Open House Community Weekend: August 28th – 30th!
In this season, we invite our church communities to re-fuel the peace, love and light of the body of Christ. Let’s share the example of His body
– extending love, building connection, community and heart-to-heart trust within the household of faith.
Jesus is our one Lord. Our eternal salvation is in Him. We are ONE in the one Body of our one Lord, Jesus Christ.
Our Mission: Building atmospheres for our neighbors and allies in the household of faith to FLOURISH.
Main Gathering Time: Saturday, August 29th, 2020 12:30pm – 7:30pm,
At the Picnic Area — Just downriver from:
325 Sycamore Lane, Rutherfordton, NC 28139
Follow Signs for “The Forge”
– Fishing/Swimming/Swinging is ready for you.
– Tubing excursions will happen as scheduled and filled.
– Lunch ~Noon (PIZZA will be PROVIDED).
– Supper: (Picnics, on your own, socially distanced w/ your group).
TRM Camping Area — Open to Churches All Weekend:
- Check In: By / After: 12pm, Friday August the 28th
- Check Out: Before/By: Noon on Sunday, August the 30th
- Gates open at 12 Noon, Friday August the 28th – till Noon on Sunday, August the 30th.
– (Please confirm reservation with the above form.)
We offer approx. 10 primitive camp sites. 1st Come, 1st Served. Please Register!!
- We have a bath house with lights, 2 bathrooms, hot water, showers.
– ONE shower per bathroom
- Potable water supply? Yes.
- Power? Yes: We have 110v power (low amperage).
– Cannot support: Heaters, dryers, a/c, hot plates etc.
– Camp power CAN handle LED lights, small fans, etc.
- We have space to accommodate ~10 various camping sites. FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. Please register!
- CAMP CHAIRS
- Corn hole sets
- Swimming gear
- Tubes/tubing items
- Goggles (if desired)
- Fishing gear (if desired)
- Changes of clothes (bring extra).
- Shoes for walking in the river
Attendees are responsible for trash, chairs, hammocks, tables, appropriate social distancing, etc.
History: In the late 1980’s, the Holy Spirit gave Bill Calton, (River Ministries Founder), a vision to create a space for God’s people to drink the deep peace of God on the banks of the Green river. God stirred Bill to make a place where His saints could worship God, fellowship with one another and enjoy nature in peace. Sadly, we lost our beloved Lodge due to a lightning strike in September, 2019. But our mission has not ceased: To build bridges, love on our neighbors, to strengthen up our brothers and sisters in the Kingdom. Where did this come from? As we do this, we show THE path to peace and community in this generation. As we love one another, we shall be known as Christ’s: “By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:35. And as Paul writes in Galatians 3:26-29, “For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” We would love for you to come join us as we look ahead to all God has in store. To partner with us for this day, register below!